Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Obsession with Faux Crocodile

I think it's officially an obsession - the amount of blogging I've done lately about faux crocodile one might say I have a fetish. I can't help it, I just get so excited when the ideas I have to do projects are reinforced by the design world.

Yesterday I had a little time to catch up on my pile of design magazines. How happy was I when I came across the Trend Alert in the October issue of Elle Decor? Ecstatic! Last week I was flipping through channels and watched a moment of Rachel Zoe as she oogled a croc skin armoire in the Fendi Casa store. I believe she said - "this is a must". Crocodile is everywhere! Love that!

Luckily no crocodiles were harmed for this finish.


I'm really considering making the sample board into a table. Seriously, if I had wood tools and knew how to use them I'd be all over it. Anyone in Portland that has a wood hobby and wants a project that would be great fun? Call me. Rachel Zoe - call me... I'll croc skin your powder room or the wall of your studio - it needs a little texture and color.

No comments: